Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ramblings

I have nothing in mind as to what this blog is about as I type here. I haven't blogged for a while, a lot has happened since I last typed, personal things. I am not going to go into them but they have made me reassess my life and how I live it.

The priorities in life can sometimes get completely out of whack. You can be focussing your energies in the wrong areas. The superficial areas getting too much attention. I am very lucky and I have loads to be thankful for, a loving wife, 2 beautiful children, a house and a job (regardless of how often I complain about it).

The only thubthumping I will put in this blog is that at no point in my past few weeks did I ever seek solace in God or any other imaginary being. My issues and my life are just that...MINE! I think it is a cop out to try to suggest that what happens to you is inevitable and part of a plan, and also to seek a solution by sitting on your arse and waiting until God sees fit to help you.

Rely on yourself. You have the power and ability to change yourself and help change those around you who need your help. You do not need divine intervention to do something. You also have the power to ask your loved ones for help. They will be of much more benefit than a deity.

Too often when we have a problem we focus FAR too much energy on finding excuses for ourselves or scapegoats so we can absolve ourselves of responsibility. And far too often we want a quick and easy explanation or solution to our problems.

Well here it is folks....life is hard and getting through it is hard work. Get your head out of your ass and get working. There are no easy answers. If your "As Seen On TV" solution seems too good to be true...it is.

I hope I am over the worst of my situation and I hope I come through it. But what I know for sure is that me and only me can be the driving force behind it. God isn't going to be my too good to be true solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment